Wednesday, June 3, 2009

And then there were three...

On June 1 I used the most advanced technology you will ever pee on. It flashed a word I was not expecting.

Pregnant.

Neil and I are going to be parents.

We are 5 weeks into this aventure, and so far it has been surreal. I don't FEEL pregnant. I have no morning sickness and few of the symptoms the exhaustive list of pregnancy websites say I could be feeling. Some dizziness, sometimes. A little bit of cramping/oddness in the uterine region. My breasts (which I feel are already too large) are larger.

I wanted a place where we both could write out thoughts through this all, both positive and negative. A place where we can both look back in those teenage years and remember the sweet little infant and the journey to get to that birth. And a place where family and friends can keep track of us, since neither of us are good at calling/emailing/visiting our friends and family.

We didn't mean to start out famly right now. But this growing child is already loved and I can't wait to meet him/her!

No comments:

Post a Comment