Monday, July 27, 2009

We saw Sprout!

Today I had the Nuchal Scan done (the test for chromosomal disorders). The first part was an ultrasound, followed by a blood test. And it's official. There is a PERSON inside there! Only one person, thankfully.

It took about 45 minutes for the tech to get a perfect profile shot of Sprout. The doctor is measuring the thickness of the fluid at the nape of the baby's neck. And while Sprout was perfectly in profile, s/he was also nestled right up against the uterine wall, which made picture taking harder. But in the end, Sarah got the pic and the doctor had a chance to look it over. The doctor was wonderful, and came in to talk to Mr. & Mrs CH-rap-ko (hehe) and reassure us that the thickness of the fuild looks to be in the normal range. But the bloodtest may say something different. But for know, it looks good. We'll hear the definitive answer in 7-10 days.

But we saw him/her. Neil got to watch Sprout move and wave and shimmy and jump for the full 45 minutes, I got about 30 seconds after the pics were taken. But I saw Sprout. I saw him stretch, I saw his little tiny heart beating. I saw 2 arms and 2 legs. Neil saw more, like the brain. Which is nice, because when teenage years hit and Sprout does something stupid at least one of us has definitively SEEN a brain, even if they aren't using it *grin*

Again, 158 beat per minute. Making Neil even more certain about a girl. I am still unsure. There was a time I was confident it was a boy... but I am still waiting for the dream I hear women have, that they meet their child and get to find out the gender. Although so far they are looking healthy and that is what matters most to me.

We ordered copies of the ultrasound pictures, so soon we'll have the first baby shots of Sprout.

And we have told my family now! It's officially out there, we are PREGNANT.

Crazy...

No comments:

Post a Comment