Thursday, July 22, 2010

6 month immunization

Madds had her 6 month immunization today.

Weight: 18 pounds, 2 ounces (90th percentile)
Length: 26 inches (75th percentile)
Head: 97th percentile

Although at the Plagiocephaly Clinic? Her head measured at the 85th percentile. I mentioned that to the nurse, she says that doctors and nurses use different percentile charts. So, good to know those charts are exact... She had only one needle this time. Although that means 4 at one year. She's going to be larger and stronger then and I have already asked dada to come along to help hold her for those shots.

The nurse says we are all doing well. We have restarted Ferberizing with Madds. We're on night 2 again and are doing ok. I sat back and thought about it objectively (and not as a mom) and think I figured out what I was doing wrong. I'll update more on that when we have more of an outcome to report on (don't want to jinx anything...). Solids and formula are going well and we're doing that right. Her milestones are being met and we're doing what we need to to help her. Her head is looking pretty good and we are doing the things we should to help her with that. We're doing awesome! If this appointment was last week? It would have been different... Last week was a hard one for me, and I wonder what the nurse would have thought if I burst into tears as I spoke about Maddy's sleep. Because I would have. What a difference a week makes.

I bought a fabulous baby food book, The Baby's Table, with a strong focus on the 6-9 month time frame. Advice on how to cook the foods and awesome food combinations to give her. I now feel comfortable making her meat dishes (starting them next week!) and have a list of foods I am going to make and freeze. Today we tried applesauce. And? NOT A FAN! I texted Neil about it... I was in shock! I asked him "WHO DOESN'T LIKE APPLE?" His response? "Bill Gates...?" *grin* And that wit is one of the many reasons I love him.

No comments:

Post a Comment